You do not need any skills to get started, but you do need some supplies!
Students should obtain the following supplies prior to attending the first class:
- A drawing pad, at least 8 1/2″ x 11″, with a minimum of 30 pages.
- At least one drawing pencil. I like #4b for students, but a regular #2 will work.
- A graphite stick, #4b.
- A pencil sharpener. The small hand-held kind.
- An eraser. I prefer the white rectangular ones, but any will do.
In addition to the above list, you might want to consider the following optional supplies to get the most out of your experience:
- Charcoal pencils.
- A rubber kneed eraser.
- A small pocket-sized sketch book.
- A satchel or portfolio to carry all of your drawings and supplies.
All other class supplies will be provided by the instructor.